Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Montenegro

I think I had forgotten that our cruise included a stop in Kotor, Montenegro.  We walked around Kotor and then took a bus to the lovely little town of Perast.  It is a small village and we opted to spend our time having a relaxing lunch.  We sat right on the water and had a beautiful view of the Lady of the Rocks church that sits on an island that is hand made of rocks.  The view was beautiful and the water was crystal clear.  I think it was the only time on the trip that we had pizza.  It was an extremely hot day and we opted not to take a boat ride out to the island to tour the church.

Sailing into Montenegro reminded me a lot of the fjords in Norway.  I got up at 4AM so I could watch the sunrise.  It was cloudy and rained a bit but still worth the effort.



No comments: