Sunday, June 3, 2012

Packing Light



Is it possible to pack light for a 17 day trip? I read the blog of a woman who said she wore the same leggings every day on a 14 day trip and just washed the critical part of the leggings at night. We're not going to travel quite that light! We are flying into Milan and driving into the mountain for a few days. It is still quite cold over there so we need some warm clothes for just the first few days of our trip. Being the geographically challenged American that I am (not quite a bad as Miss South Carolina) I did not realize that Lyon is just over the mountains from Milan. Perfect! I can entertain the girls (K is taking a friend) with a trip to the St. Bernard Museum, ibex viewing in the Grand Paradisio Valley and a ride up the Aiguille du Midi. It is high time that I visited Aspen's sister city Chamonix. Too bad I am not the mayor of Aspen so I could take a fact finding boondoogle to Chamonix and have the city of Aspen pay for it.  I digress, sorry. After all the mountain fun, I will hit the girls with some art shopping in Lyon. From there we go to Avignon for some antique shopping and the rest of the trip will be pure bliss in Portofino, Florence and Venice.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'll have to come back to finish reading about your fabulous trip when I get more time, how wonderful!!:)