Sunday, August 14, 2016

Summer Vacation-First Stop Zermatt

Our summer vacation really should have been three separate trips so it is going to take a while to get this blog caught up.  The first part of our vacation was in Switzerland.  We loved everything about it.  Our days were filled with hikes through crisp mountain air.  It was pure heaven.  Our first stop was Zermatt.  There are no cars allowed so our hotel picked us up at the train station in a golf cart.  We had a view of the Matterhorn from our room which took our breaths away.  I don't have a lot of pictures because I had my cell phone plugged in to charge and it slipped down next to my seat and when I reclined my seat I crushed my phone.  Our wonderful hotel got it fixed for me!


We took a train to the top of a mountain and hiked down to a lake for an iconic photo of the Matterhorn reflected in this lake.  The clouds did co-operate with our photo but it was a great hike!



A room with a view

No comments: