Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre is one of my favorite places in the world. The perfect combination of great views and exercise.  Unfortunately there was a flood last year and the path between some of the towns is closed.  We set out on our adventure by way of bus and train.  We took the bus from Portofino to Santa Margarita and I was glad that the bus driver was driving and not me.  We then took a train to Riomaggiore.  I have driven in the past and the bus/train combination was much easier.   We then hiked from Riomaggiore to Manarola-a very easy walk. The path is closed between Manorola and Corniglia and Corniglia and Vernazza.  We had lunch in Manorola and then took the train home.  We could have hiked from Vernazza to Monterossa al Mare and then taken the train home but the weather was not great.  The views from the train are spectacular.

We saw these two dogs being walked in their stroller.  I think they were from NY.  



Views from Riomaggiore


2 comments:

Eloise said...

Robert and I spent a couple of days in the Cinque Terre several years ago and also loved it. I wish I had allotted more time there!

Enjoyed seeing your pictures. Looks like you had a great time. Sorry the weather wasn't better.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, I've been to Riomaggiore ~ we loved it so much!!!