Saturday, July 21, 2012

What we Bought

Traveling with kids does not allow for a lot of shopping.  I did buy some oil paintings in Lyon that I bought home in my luggage and plan to sell.  Also, bought some wonderful glasses in Venice that I some how managed to get home in my carry on.  All 12 of them.  Do I need more glasses?  No, but they are beautiful.  Our big score was French pharmacy items.  I can spend hours in French pharmacies.  I always love the free samples they include.  K was having a skin problem in Italy so we ventured into an Italian pharmacy.  I pointed to the problem and the stooped over woman led us to a shelf and went through the products.  "Tonico, ah, no tonico" as she looked more closely at Ks face.  After much thought she came up with the correct combination of products.  She then looked at my face and pointed to my eyes and forehead and made a clucking noise.  I ended up with all kinds of wrinkle products.  It was worse than the pressure I feel in the cosmetics department at Neiman's.  
We also bought beautiful linen throws in Portofino and stocked up on Petite Bateaux unmentionables for K.  




No comments: