Friday, July 4, 2008

Lisa V K and the Kids

When I was in the process of adopting K, I corresponded with a woman in one of my Kazakhstan Yahoo groups who was having a lot of delays like I was. Turns out she lives in Atlanta and even better right around the corner from me. Our kids go to the same school! Lisa has become a wonderful friend-an incredible source of inspiration and support. She really "gets" older kid adoption. And K and I adore her kids! She came home with Ruslan and Veneyra a few months after I came home from Kazakhstan with K. This past December she adopted Betheham from Ethiopia.


Yesterday evening Lisa and the kids came over for dinner and swimming. We ended the evening with the perfect summer time desert-chocolate fondue. Nice and messy but no problem since we were outside. Yum!
















No comments: